Metro Atlanta weekend storms
Readers sending in photos from area weekend storms
John G. Cunningham, Submitted 09/27/2009
- Mud-caked antiquities from the Seven Springs Museum in Powder Springs air out in the sunshine on Sept. 23.
- On Sept. 23, a crew pressure washes mud off the parking lot of the Powder Springs recreational area on Brownsville Road near Marietta Street.
- Angela Vaughn and her son Tyler, 7, are among the many onlookers who came to see Pine Valley Road's 'lake' on Sept. 21 in Paulding. “I’ve never seen anything like this,'” she stated in amazement.
- The Georgia Department of Natural Resources Web site declares there are no small lakes in Paulding. Not true Sept. 21. Taylor Farm Park's parking lot and adjacent ballfield soak beneath this 'lake.'
- Pine Valley Road at Taylor Farm Park in Paulding County was submerged by this overflow from a nearby creek Sept. 21.
- All he can think about is his plant, Aggie.